Location: Ann Arbor, MI (onsite)
QR Code Link to This Post
Role Type: W2 Contract position
• Resolves limited server, mainframe, application, interface and network related problems and will assist with the implementation of computer system changes and other TIS projects. Performs activities involving maintenance, support, installation, upgrading and monitoring system performance of enterprise wide systems and the network. Monitors patient critical applications and is the first point of escalation to either resolve issues or notify the SME or third party vendor across the organization.
• The Enterprise Operations Monitoring area serves as the center for monitoring and support for multiple, enterprise wide data centers in a 7X24X365 environment across the organization and throughout all functional areas, responding proactively to events and resolving consolidated event information via the Enterprise Operations Monitoring tool set.
1. Responds proactively to diagnose and resolve consolidated event information in a disciplined approach via the Enterprise Operations Monitoring tools. Utilizes tools such as HP Openview, mainframe and midrange system tools, and interface monitoring tools to respond to alerts, perform analysis as to the scope and severity of an issue and take appropriate action. Acts as a single accountable point of reference for high priority issues.
2. Performs backups/Disaster Recovery procedures of systems, network and client data. Detects nature of non-routine job errors and abends, equipment failures and job halts. Makes adjustments where possible, including notifying vendors and support personnel as appropriate. Documents disruption for management reports and notifies designated parties regarding restart procedures.
3. Monitors and responds to environmental and building alarms, alerts, and displays for all enterprise data centers by contacting the appropriate team or external resource.
4. Performs daily system and procedural checks to tape management systems, mainframe and midrange systems, storage systems, scheduling software, software probes, and system reboots to ensure critical systems and their components are available as expected.
5. Displays strong documentation and communication skills needed to perform system turnover and relay information to SMEs and/or CritSit team members. Performs issue logging, issue distribution to support personnel, issue completion logging and reporting, as appropriate. May participate in minor issue resolution such as equipment repair/replacement or application software problems.
6. Suppresses monitoring as assigned to ensure minimal alerts are generated during upgrades and planned system events.
7. May reschedule batch processing on the Cerner system during planned system events.
1. High school diploma and two (2) to three (3) years of experience in information technology or related field (e.g., IT Help Desk) or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Six (6) months experience in a customer service environment with changing priorities and interruptions preferred.
2. Ability to analyze information and have the analytical skills to take effective actions towards problem resolution. Ability to utilize resolution skills to make recommendations for process improvements.
3. Demonstrates strong customer service skills, particularly providing and taking information over the phone.
4. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
5. Ability to work different shifts.
6. Must be able to travel to the various client sites (10%) as needed.