house laundry in bldg street parking no private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
Please read this ad thoroughly to see if this place would be a good fit for you. It spells out everything so there are no surprises. It's important that we are a good fit and have the same courtesy regarding space sharing. Please answer ad with a little something about yourself and your housing needs (ideal move-in date, duration of stay) in the Ann Arbor area. Thanks. This helps us weed out scammers.
Official start dates available:
10/1/2018 master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
1/1/2019 regular size bedroom
1/1/2019 master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
Live like you would in a boutique hotel. Share a beautiful house in Pittsfield Township in the Ann Arbor School district by Meijers and Target on Carpenter and Ellsworth. 5 miles from the Michigan Campus. Newly remodeled in the last two years. This is a pet-free and smoke-free house.
- 2200 square feet not including finished basement.
- Hardwood floors.
- Fully furnished including bed linings
- Household items such as steam press, iron/board, kitchen gadgets and cookware
- Street Parking ($50 for attached garaged parking spot with automatic door opener).
- Main bathroom remodeled in 2015, powder room remodeled 2016, most of the house repainted within the last 2 years.
$800 ($825 if staying < 6 months) for private room or $ 950 for private room with private bathroom (with cleaning) and walk-in closet. Actual rent is $600 (shared bath) and $750 (private bath) a month, the remaining $200/month goes to cover a share of:
- Biweekly cleaning service of common areas ($250/month value)
- Shared depletable household items such soaps (dish, laundry, hand), papers (toilet, towel), cleaning agents/supplies, linens and etc. You don't have to worry about picking up anything at the store. ($25/person/month value)
- Electricity (air-conditioned in the summer!) and gas (heat, hot water, and cooking) $40/month/person allowance is included in the rent, excess is shared between housemates. The all-inclusive scheme which had been in place for 3 years no longer works as it provides an incentive for waste.
- Internet, Netflix and cable TV on Roku ($100/month value)
- Water, Sewage, Trash pick-up, and association fees ($100/month value)
- Lawn care and snow removal ($100/month value)
- Home insurance ($100/month value)
- Maintenance, furniture, appliances, and other non-depletable household items (up to $600/month value)
You don't have to worry about another bill! This place is great for someone who:
1.) does not want to commit to a long-term lease, but wants the option of staying longer if needed
2.) doesn't have furniture and doesn't want to spend more on odds and end
3.) enjoys sharing a meal with roommates from time to time
4.) does not want to worry about collecting money from roommates for utility bills
5.) enjoys coming home to a beautiful and clean house
6.) Can handle taking the trash/recycling bins to the curb and retrieving them the next day once a month.
First and last month rent to move in. Prepaid rent is non-refundable. Flexible number of rental periods but rental period ALWAYS ENDS ON THE LAST DAY of the month as this this a month to month rental. 1 day plus 1 rental period notice to quit required. $50 move-in/move-out cleaning fee due at move-in (this is for the cleaning service).
Housemates are usually in their 20's to 30's (currently 2 girls/2 guys). We are an employed and friendly house who occasionally share meals together.
Other notes from experience as no one needs to waste time over useless emails or other things:
1.) Rent is not negotiable. Look at what is included in the rent. It's great deal and more than fair. Please don't try to negotiate after the fact, it is annoying and no one needs the aggravation. If it is not your cup of tea, just move on.
2.) 1 Person per room rental. Couples are fine but you will have to rent 2 rooms.
3.) Guest policies. Guests are welcome but if a person is spending more than 24 hours a week on the premises, that is not a guest, that's a housemate. That person should pay rent. Ask other housemates if planning on having guest(s) for over 24 hours.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers