compensation: $13 an hour employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels (YMOW) promotes the general welfare and enhances the quality of life of older adults in our community by identifying, developing, and providing culturally sensitive nutrition services and related in-home support. YMOW was formed in January 1974 via a taskforce in the city of Ypsilanti in partnership with the First Baptist Church of Ypsilanti to operate the Older Americans Act home-delivered meals program for the greater Ypsilanti, Michigan area.
The Client Care Associate (CCA) team members for Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels is a non- exempt position (hourly), under the direction of the leadership team. The CCA works to empower homebound clients to provide more than a meal. This role has numerous responsibilities related to daily operations: driving, meal delivery, client interaction, chore support, and resource advocacy to ensure that YMOW clients are able to age in place with dignity.
A Client Care Associate is responsible for the following functions:
• Collaborate with the Office Manager and other staff to assure efficient and accurate meal orders, client
changes, and route changes to insure effective coordination of activities.
• Ensure that clients receive all meal items scheduled for daily delivery.
• Follow proper food handling procedures to ensure food is delivered at acceptable temperatures and is sealed.
• Complete daily cleaning of delivery equipment and vehicle.
• Complete daily vehicle maintenance check (tire pressure, fluids, gas level and that the vehicle is clean for
delivery of food items).
• Drive in a safe and courteous manner adhering to all state roadway rules & regulations.
• Provide excellent customer service, which includes being cordial and attentive to the clients’ needs.
• Provide general service support after intake with referrals to in-home social services (with training from the
YMOW leadership team).
Ideal Candidate is required to have:
• Valid Drivers’ license and a clean driving record with no points on the license
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• General skill in math and critical thinking
• Ability to lift 20-40 pound objects and move them short distances
• Ability to work outdoors during periods of inclement weather
• Caring and compassionate individual with a desire to help seniors and their families meet their social and health
• Comfort level to communicate and visit with elderly clients in their home
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Office Manager and Client Care Specialist (Social Worker)
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time hourly position. Minimum daily work schedule is 2 days a week. Primarily looking for a person who is available Monday - Thursday, with some weekend and Holiday availability.
Work hours: 10:00 am – 1:30 pm (shifts could start at 9 am from time to time)
Compensation rate: $13 an hour
Employee personal benefits, covered completely by YMOW, include: short-term and long-term disability coverage & dental benefits (for the employee only).
Other benefits: stipend for cell phone, 403b (401K contributions) & paid holidays.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume or to request an application please respond to the posting.
Accepting resumes for immediate need, hiring till filled starting August 27th, 2019.
To learn more about our agency, visit our website at: www.ymow.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers