Looking for a dynamic, results driven individual to join this growing International Plastics Injection Molding company in Washtenaw County.
QR Code Link to This Post
Great Culture with direct communications with the executive team and an opportunity to make a difference.
The Mold Setter/Process Tech is responsible for setting molds and starting presses with the established process.
Must be willing to work overtime and some weekends.
• Responsible for ensuring that the quality/integrity of the mold is not compromised during the job setup and for adhering to the part process and machine process during mold setting.
• Responsible for checking material moisture content before job start-up.
• Responsible for documenting any changes in process required to meet part quality standards.
• Follow all processes and make recommendation for improvement and work in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures
• Review mold set up and start up methodology for improvement and make recommendations
• Interact with other positions (supervisor, process engineer, material handler, operator, etc.) to ensure mold set ups, startups, and shutdowns are smooth and efficient.
• Work with Shift Supervisor and Material Handler to ensure the understanding of the daily production schedule and what jobs need to be set in the Work Centers.
• Verify Process Controls of existing presses running including but not limited to:
Mold Temperature, Barrel Temperature, Cycle Time, Material Moisture Checks if splay or leak exists.
o Pull appropriate thermolators, DME units, eye bolts, hoses and hydraulic units for each mold set including any required fixtures or gages for quality assurance.
o Review the Quality Book to ensure understanding of key issues regarding setting of specific mold
• Three (3) to five (5) years of plastic injection mold processing experience
• Material Tech Experience preferred
• Capable of effective and cooperative interaction with employees and contractors at all levels of the organization.
• Willingness to be flexible with work schedules and work overtime and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
• Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced organization handling multiple projects simultaneously.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, protected status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.