Retribuzione: 35,000-40,000 tipo di impiego: a tempo pieno
QR Code Link to This Post
The role of the Communications Director (CD) is to oversee the church communication strategy
of Grace under the direction and leadership of the Executive Pastor. The CD is a full time
position based on the applicant's skill, experience, and scope of responsibility. This will require
a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Grace, and the ability to align staff and key
leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The CD will lead all components of
communications and marketing to add inspiration, motivation, and clarity to church messages.
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Grace. The CD should represent
a growing personal relationship with Christ. The CD models a strong relationship with his or her
spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The CD strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life
and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions. These objectives
are accomplished through the three values of Grace Church:
● Practice Spiritual Disciplines
● Attend Sunday Gatherings
● Participate in a Community Group
● Serve with others on a Ministry Team
● Share faith with friends, neighbors, and co-workers
● Give generously to the local church
2. Managing Two-Way Communication Flow
Responsible for creating an environment that provides two-way communication between the
congregation and church leadership. These objectives are accomplished by:
● Removing barriers that keep people from connecting.
● Becoming a student of the primary audience Grace is trying to reach.
● Evaluating messages and materials in the context of guest perspectives.
● Studying, learning, and communicating new trends happening in the congregation.
● Creating opportunities to tell stories of what God is doing in the lives of people at Grace.
● Staying in touch with audience and leadership team simultaneously and conveying clear
messages to both
3. Oversight and Execution of Communications and Marketing
The CD creates seamless messages that produce simple ways to connect with Grace. The CD
is responsible for ensuring a consistent experience across multiple touch points and campuses.
○ Manages all aspects of Grace's related websites. Websites should display
artistic and creative excellence. Content should be timely, current, and
appropriate to Grace.
○ Evaluate and establish standards of scope, technology, distribution, promotion
and operational efficiency for all web functions.
○ Manage and maintain audio/video podcasts and downloadable documents.
○ Lead all efforts related to the creation and development of all websites (either
through internal efforts or through contracts with external web development
○ Monitor success through an established set of metrics (ex. Increased traffic, etc)
○ Proactively work to make sure Grace maintains an effective presence on the web
including style/presence, SEO, and new technology.
○ Assist pastoral team in developing blog sites, e-newsletters, and other web
○ Manage Grace's adwords account.
○ Deliver excellence in timeliness, accuracy, design, layout and ease of use for
print brochures, signage, surveys, direct mail, and custom media.
○ Develop systems to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items
related to Grace.
○ Create communication strategies to market, inform and promote teaching series,
big events and other campaigns assigned.
○ Oversee all written materials related to promotions.
D. Social Media
○ Create social media presence for Grace including but not limited to Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter.
○ Manage on-going social media messaging and communication strategies.
○ Build followings on various social media outlets
○ Develop an App for Grace
○ Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide
activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
○ Network with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
○ Work closely with Grace videographer to produce creative and effective
promotional videos: concept, scripting, video shoots, editing and post-production.
○ Strategize creative tactics to use video to promote and send the message Grace
may want to communicate to the church and the world.
G. Worship Arts
○ Work in tandem with worship arts team to create consistency in messaging from
the front door to the back door.
○ Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages with the worship
○ Join brainstorm and creative sessions in developing worship series and
H. Brand Management (under direction of the Grace Ann Arbor Worship Pastor)
○ Monitor the look, vibe, and feel of all promotional materials representing Grace.
○ Monitor and establish accountability for the appropriate use of logos and images
that represent Grace.
○ Create policy and procedures related to media relations.
○ Oversee implementation of style guide (same fonts, terms, etc.)
I. Media Relations
○ Create positive relationships with local and national media.
○ Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention.
○ Develop policy and procedures related to media relations.
4. Team Supervision and Development
The CD will lead, evaluate and mentor new communications staff and volunteers and prioritize
future staffing needs. Includes the following responsibilities:
● Supervising the communications team in day-to-day operational activities.
● Overseeing the training and development of the communications team.
● Recruiting and empowering volunteers to deliver excellence in timeliness, accuracy,
design, layout and ease of use. (artists, designers, photographers, writers, etc.)
● Maintaining a strong network of relevant professionals - writers, designers, creative
directors, developers and production managers.
● Developing ministry partnerships with outside vendors that share Grace's commitment to
5. Additional Skills & Responsibilities
The ability to take on any of the responsibilities listed below will distinguish an applicant for the
Communications Director role.
● High level administrative tasks
● Human Resources (references required)
● Graphic Design (portfolio required)
● IT experience (references required)
Solo per titolari Le agenzie di lavoro sono pregate di non contattare questo candidato.
NON contattateci con servizi o offerte non richiesti