try the craigslist app » Android iOS



Find LICENSED care for your child (Washtenaw County)

To FIND a licensed child care program (center or home setting), or VERIFY that a program is licensed to provide child care:

This link allows you to search all licensed centers and homes. And, you can easily review their recent state reports online, including inspections, rule violations, and any special investigations.

Please note -- any person providing ongoing care for children in her own home without being currently licensed is in violation of state law (Family and Group Child Care Homes Public Act 116). It is illegal for her to care for even just one unrelated child in her home without being licensed by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (which investigates all related reports in person, and shuts down unlicensed homes). This includes any "stay at home mom/SAHM/teacher/babysitter/grandma/nurse/etc." who is unlicensed and takes even just one unrelated child into her home.

Comprehensive household background checks, home and equipment inspections, annual training requirements, caregiver-to-child ratios and other licensing rules are crucial for your child's safety and healthy development. A licensed program has been verified by the state of Michigan to be in compliance with these important rules and many, many more. Check the links above, and ask a provider for proof that she is CURRENTLY licensed (i.e., taking care of children in her state-inspected home LEGALLY).

Child care providers:
To BECOME licensed (and comply with state law):,4601,7-154-63294_76339---,00.html

  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 7023819645



best of [?]