Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Sr. C++ / C# Software Engineer (Edu Tech) (Ann Arbor | Michigan)
compensation: √ Competitive Base Salary ($DOE+) √ Bonus Opportunity √ Benefits Package (Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Disability Coverage Available. Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Healthcare / Dependent Care, and 401K)
Position Number: Vaughn Alchemy Groupe | www.vaughnalchemygroupe.com show contact info | Ann Arbor Michigan | August 12, 2014
Vaughn Alchemy Groupe is presently focused on identifying, developing, and integrating a highly-qualified Sr. C++ / C# Software Engineer.
SSE will design and deliver high-quality, web-enabled, Windows software using C++, C#, and/or custom frameworks. Careful attention to the Windows user experience is key to our success and we look to the engineering team to create it. We deliver our products using a fast-paced iterative development process. Our products deliver curriculum materials to teachers and students pre-K through adult. This lets us help build better readers, writers, scientists, and eventually more engineers.
• Architects, designs, and/or implements applications that conform to a business need. Maintains a business perspective in terms of understanding / affecting how systems are implemented to satisfy user goals.
• Responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. An SSE reviews requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implements, and performs unit testing.
• Should feel that the quality of his/her work is a direct result of his/her own testing. An SSE should be able to handle assignments where no formal QA occurs. Systems developed should behave to a high standard of quality.
• Proposes, develops, reviews, and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
• Works on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines. An SSE is expected to progress on the project without much guidance from management. In addition, an SSE proposes new projects that will satisfy business needs.
• Can troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. Shall support systems that he/she has not implemented.
• Provides technical guidance and training to other team members.
• Shares architecture formally and informally with the team and stakeholders.
• Keeps informed of technical advances. Proposes changes based on newer technology.
• May be asked to research or investigate business opportunities that have no clear direction.
• May be involved in testing beyond unit testing (e.g. integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
• Passion for developing and delivering great Windows applications.
• 5 - 9 years software engineering experience.
• Clear understanding and mastery of traditional as well as new product development processes.
• Proven ability to build clean, crisp, highly usable Windows applications.
• Strong knowledge of troubleshooting and debugging applications on Windows.
• Prior experience in other platforms (Mac, Linux) and other programming languages like Objective C or Java a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree
√ Competitive Base Salary ($DOE+)
√ Bonus Opportunity
√ Benefits Package (Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Disability Coverage Available. Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Healthcare / Dependent Care, and 401K)
Please forward an electronic copy of your resume for immediate review and consideration. We are actively interviewing highly qualified candidates for an immediate need.
H. Gustav Trapp | Managing Director | Vaughn Alchemy Groupe | www.vaughnalchemygroupe.com
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers