Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Linux Systems Administrator (Ann Arbor, MI)
compensation: Commensurate with experience
The Systems Administrator is an integral part of the company. This position works closely with the Systems Engineers to continually improve upon our existing infrastructure and to keep us up-to-date with new and innovative products & technologies. This position will also diagnose and fix complex hardware, software and network issues.
Attendance in the Ann Arbor office for meetings is required two days a week with an option to telecommute the remainder of the week. This position is part of a team of rotating 24/7 on-call system administrators.
Benefits: Employer-subsidized health insurance, vision & dental insurance, 401k with company matching, short & long term disability, life insurance, vacation & floating holidays (all after 90 days).
* Diagnose and fix complex system and server-wide issues
* Install, configure, update and troubleshoot a variety of services including Apache, MySQL, PHP, FTP, SSH and DNS
* Monitor and maintain server reliability for 99.9% uptime
* Create tools and automate processes for maximum efficiency
* Experience with Linux, CentOS preferred
* Experience with standard services (HTTP (Apache), Mail (exim) , DNS (bind/PowerDNS), MySQL)
* Experience with scripting (Perl, Bash, PHP, or Python)
* Experience with Nagios monitoring
* Ability to work on your own or in a team
Nice to have:
* Experience with cPanel/WHM
If you'd like to apply to our team, please submit a cover letter and resume. US applicants only at this time.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers