Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
MACHINE OPERATOR / PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Westland, MI)
Plastipak Packaging, Inc
The beverage Production Technician is responsible for the operation and assigned maintenance of production equipment and making necessary adjustments or minor mechanical repairs to the machines and auxiliary equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The Technician is responsible for performing and documenting required quality checks and visual inspections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs product-handling duties, which includes transferring finished product to Warehouse locations, scrap grinding, and material loading.
• Performs all required quality checks and assures all production conforms to specification.
• Performs all process inspections including heat control readings, cooling water temperatures and air pressure checks.
• Performs preventative maintenance on machines and auxiliary equipment as assigned.
• Operate and monitor assigned machines and auxiliary equipment.
• Maintains various daily production reports in SAP as required.
• Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
• Miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and experience.
• Technically orientated and knowledgeable in manufacturing systems.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient in computer programs.
EDUCATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Four year degree in relevant major (such as engineering, plastics, or packaging) and/or 2+ years of relevant manufacturing experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to push or pull bins and carts, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers