Medical Coding Analyst (Detroit, MI)
compensation: $21-26/hr DOE
Responsible for assisting and supporting in the evaluation, recommendation, establishment, implementation and analysis of new and improved production workflows, work processes for systems, reporting, and new products/programs to improve customer service levels and overall quality.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Reviewing and coding medical records
• Perform clinical reviews with knowledge of body systems, anatomy and physiology.
• Assist and support in the planning, coordination, developing and implementing of approved audit programs to enhance the overall efficiency of operational procedures, methods, controls and performance.
• Analyze, process and/or expedite operational transactions; this may include timely resolutions of problems.
• Participate in systems testing, develop procedures and controls and provide recommendations for the ongoing improvement of the updated process.
• Provide leadership team with status of projects, issue, communicate and recommend policy decisions to achieve project objectives.
• Utilize and maintain available corporate production and reporting systems; produce routine and non-routine reports, presentations, letters, communications and graphics.
• Assist internal and external personnel by answering questions and supplying information.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers and partners.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Experience reviewing and coding medical records (beyond an internship or externship)
• Minimum one year practical experience coding inpatient and/or outpatient medical records
• Experience required in operational analysis, data analysis and problem resolution type activities.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Minimum current and active: CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CCS (Certified Coding Specialist)
• Active RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator 4 year degree) or RHIT (Registered Health Information Technologist 2 year degree)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough understanding of medical coding (CPT-4; HCPCS; ICD-9 or DRG) as it relates to audits.
• Ability to plan, organize direct and control projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead and contribute to process improvement projects.
• Working knowledge of PC applications and/or mainframe preferred.
• Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
• Medical coding for risk adjustment using ICD9CM , Microsoft sure experience: Access, Excel, Outlook, etc
Interested and experienced candidates please send resume to email above.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers