Medical Coding Analyst (Detroit)
** Two short tests will be administered during the interview to assess candidates coding skills. The candidates will be provided mock medical records and asked to identify possible codes. **
Responsible for assisting and supporting in the evaluation, recommendation, establishment, implementation and analysis of new and improved production workflows, work processes for systems, reporting, and new products/programs to improve customer service levels and overall quality.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Reviewing and coding medical records
• Perform clinical reviews with knowledge of body systems, anatomy and physiology.
• Assist and support in the planning, coordination, developing and implementing of approved audit programs to enhance the overall efficiency of operational procedures, methods, controls and performance.
• Analyze, process and/or expedite operational transactions; this may include timely resolutions of problems.
• Participate in systems testing, develop procedures and controls and provide recommendations for the ongoing improvement of the updated process.
• Provide leadership team with status of projects, issue, communicate and recommend policy decisions to achieve project objectives.
• Utilize and maintain available corporate production and reporting systems; produce routine and non-routine reports, presentations, letters, communications and graphics.
• Assist internal and external personnel by answering questions and supplying information.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers and partners.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Experience reviewing and coding medical records (beyond an internship or externship)
• Minimum one year practical experience coding inpatient and/or outpatient medical records
• Experience required in operational analysis, data analysis and problem resolution type activities.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Minimum current and active: CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CCS (Certified Coding Specialist)
• Active RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator ¿ 4 year degree) or RHIT (Registered Health Information Technologist ¿ 2 year degree)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough understanding of medical coding (CPT-4; HCPCS; ICD-9 or DRG) as it relates to audits.
• Ability to plan, organize direct and control projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead and contribute to process improvement projects.
• Working knowledge of PC applications and/or mainframe preferred.
• Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
• Medical coding for risk adjustment using ICD9CM , Microsoft sure experience: Access, Excel, Outlook, etc
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers