Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Lunch Servers (Vinology Wine Bar & Restaurant)
check out our venu at vinologya2.com
Job Title: Server
Summary: Sells and serves food and beverages in an efficient, professional manner according to restaurant standards by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Completes all assigned opening/closing side work to prepare dining room, bar, kitchen and service stations for efficient operation during meal periods.*
2. Cleans and organizes assigned stations in dining room and bar prior to meal time rush.*
3. Applies knowledge of full menu and other restaurant information such as restaurant hours, table numbers and payment options.*
4. Uses suggestive selling techniques to offer food specials, menu items, daily desserts and other types of promotions.*
5. Serves customers in a professional manner as per training guidelines.*
6. Maintains service areas such as the kitchen, dining room, bar and service stations during entire shift.*
7. Cross-serves and/or assists team members on an as-needed basis.*
8. Carries service trays in and out of kitchen, bar and dining room.*
9. Receives customer payments, completes guest check transactions and tenders proper change to customers.*
10. Turns in all cash and change transactions at the end of each shift.*
11. Communicates health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.*
12. Re-stocks items in dinging room and bar as needed and alerts kitchen staff and manager of stock shortages.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidates usually require 5 years' experience as a server in a restaurant. Preference to servers in fine dining restaurants which include wine service.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers