Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Automotive Manufacturing Engineer (Warren, MI)
compensation: Negotiable + Benefits
*STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid holidays and paid vacations.
Primary role is to execute dimensional scanning measurements for the General Assembly (GA) Match Activities, assist with the installation of parts on the ITAC/ETAC and M2 body during the match events, identify, document, & resolve dimensional fit issues, and lead the dimensional
problem solving activities in the interior or exterior ensuring the vehicle achieves its Dimensional Technical Specifications.
• Assist the matching team with the installation and evaluation of GA parts per the build schedules, to ensure readiness for measurement.
• Execute planned scanning measurements for match build events including slow builds, layer builds and integration level scans.
• Identify and document issues per the match build schedule
• Process standard data and integration reports in a timely manner.
• Process data to provide deep dive information for specific match build identified issues in a timely manner.
• Review measurement results with Launch team as required during issue deep dive reviews.
• Proposes, evaluates, develops manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas of a plant
• Evaluates expenditures for processes and/or equipment
• Provides technical assistance and training for assigned plant operations
• Regular contact with others outside the work group
• Knowledge of metrology processes including scanning and CMM
• Working knowledge of PolyWorks or equivalent metrology software
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) & datum strategies
• Previous dimensional metrology/scanning experience is required
• Good Dimensional problem solving skills
• Knowledge of GA parts and GA build strategies
• Knowledge of BIW closures & fab processes.
• Dimensional Engineering / Statistical background
• Good computer skills
• Team Center Visualization Mockup to view math files
• Ability to work and communicate with a broad range of individuals
• Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint -- Intermediate level
• Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool -- Intermediate level
• Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
• Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
• Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
• Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
• Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
• Strong knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes
• Position related experience - 8 years
• Relevant auto industry experience required -- 1-3 years
• Areas of expertise include: Manufacturing, Assembly Process
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Corporate Information: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast growing IT & Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with expertise in Engineering, Application Development, Application Management, Web Services (SOA), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Wireless Solutions, Legacy migrations and Project Management. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our clients global IT needs. STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and paid holidays. For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers