Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Senior CAE Analyst -- CAE & Engine Engineering (Allen Park, MI)
August 4, 2014 -- September 4, 2014
Senior CAE Analyst -- CAE & Engine Engineering
Roush supplies comprehensive, integrated development services and provides customers with support that fuses technology and engineering. From design through prototyping, testing and manufacturing, we take our customers' visions from the sketch pad to production. We're focused, efficient, and we deliver. With over 3000 employees in more than 40 facilities across the United States, and interests around the world, Roush solves customers' problems and provides significant support to the automotive, performance products, military, entertainment, alternative fuels and consumer products industries. We are focused on performance, driven by technology, and committed to our customers' success. If you're only happy when your customers are happy, we want you on our team.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush has an immediate need for Senior CAE Analyst to perform structural, kinematics and thermal analysis to aid engineering in the upfront design of engine architecture and virtual validation. Applications include automotive, aerospace, military, and industrial equipment. The position is located at our Allen Park, MI facility.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- Strong expertise in one of the engine design/development fields -- COMBUSTION-STRUCTURAL-NVH-DURABILITY.
- 5+ years of experience in using CAE to design/develop engines for industry/government.
- Proven ability to solve variety of mechanical/performance problems for both gasoline and/or diesel engines.
- Must have strong skills & experience in developing engine structures to meet product life requirements.
- Strong interest & aptitude in business development, project leadership and program management.
- Must be highly skilled at analyzing structures and kinematics in one of the following FEA software: ABAQUS, NASTRAN, ADAMS, LMS Virtual Lab, GT-Power, AVL-Excite.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- Performance optimization and trade-off evaluations of engine components and systems.
- Engine CAE experience with bore distortion, cranktrain dynamics, oil film stiffness and damping modeling, valvetrain dynamics, CFD of water jacket and combustion processes, head gasket durability, combustion optimization for fuel economy and emissions.
- Experience with engine component and system target setting for function and performance.
- Experience from start to finish -- concept design through design validation/release.
- Experience with engine or powertrain integration into vehicles using CAE techniques.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- US Citizenship.
At Roush, we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact the Recruiting Department at show contact info for further assistance. EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
- OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities