Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Automotive Engineering Release Planning Analyst (Warren, MI)
compensation: Negotiable + Benefits
*STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid holidays and paid vacations.
Engineering Release Planning Analyst (ERPA) will lead throughput activity in order to achieve timely approval of work orders associated with coordinated Decision Notice (DN)-VDS Work Order (VWO) packages and Corporate Common Component (CCC) changes.
• Analyze and interpret highly complex engineering information (work orders, Vehicle Description Summary information, Product Plan Content) to assist with work order throughput.
• Communicate with E-Squared (E2) work order approvers on their status up through work order approval, in relation to the Days in Role metric report, to facilitate their timely sign-offs.
• Act as a road block buster when work order sign-off is at risk and escalate unresolved and high-risk issues.
• Provide input to Engineering Release Metric Lead on work order metric enhancements.
• Establish and utilize communication paths: With Program Engineering Managers (PEMs), to understand priority of coordinated changes; With Change Management Leader (CML), and Product Improvement Implementation Lead (PIIL) for their early awareness of impending coordinated changes; With the broader Engineering organization, to educate on coordinated change process and work order throughput
• Attend and actively participate in cross-functional and global program meetings, as a representative of the Business Operations & Engineering Release Department
• Keep program (Program Execution Team (PET) and leadership forums, as required, well informed of the status of coordinated changes.
• Provide mentoring, coaching, training and support at the Engineering Business Service Center (EBSC).
• Leads training activities through Engineering Business Service Center (EBSC)
• Minimum of at least 5 years' experience
• High degree of inner self confidence and ability to motivate others
• Must be action oriented, high initiative individuals that are able to work independently with minimal leadership direction
• Excellent level of communication and interpersonal skills required to build effective relationships with team members and customers
• Proven high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual, difficult or complex
• Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis capabilities
• Proactive initiative in making decisions and escalating when appropriate
• Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office software, with proficiency in Excel
• Knowledge of Engineering Change Management processes
• Knowledge of Global Launch processes and breakpoint coordination
• Understanding of engineering and technical jargon related to automotive
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Problem Solving
• Customer Focus
• Business Acumen
• Drive for Results
• Action Oriented
• Integrity and Trust
• Comfort Around Higher Management
• Peer Relationships
• Ethics and Values
• High School Diploma or GED
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Experience as auto mechanic or technician (preferred)
Corporate Information: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast growing IT & Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with expertise in Engineering, Application Development, Application Management, Web Services (SOA), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Wireless Solutions, Legacy migrations and Project Management. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our clients global IT needs. STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and paid holidays. For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com .
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers