Production Planner/Expediter/Scheduler/Tech Analyst - Materials (Pontiac)
compensation: Negotiable + Benefits
Production Planner/Expediter/Scheduler/Tech Analyst - Materials
Mahindra provides four ACA compliant healthcare options and offers benefits which are effective day 1 of employment.
Location: Pontiac , MI , 1st shift, M-F, 12 + months
The Material Planner is responsible for the timely planning, ordering, and receipt of raw materials, and associated vendor tooling, required by engineering and manufacturing operations at the Fuel Cell Activities Center. This position is responsible for all activities involved with determining material needs, procuring materials, scheduling for arrival, assuring parts meet material required dates and managing in house inventory. The Materials Planner also assists in the cost control of materials as coordinated with Purchasing and Engineering.
• Lead, participate on and communicate with cross functional teams, including but not limited to engineering, purchasing, manufacturing operations, quality, and process engineering.
• Assess program status / risk leading up to the launch of a program and communicate issues compromising the success of the program.
• Determine total demand for all materials across multiple programs and manage inventory to an establish budget.
• Create and manage purchase orders
• Provide insight into supplier performance issues and escalate issues that may effect on time material delivery.
• Create supplier delivery schedules and manage supplier deliveries to a just-in-time (JIT) cadence that is established based on manufacturing operations material required dates (MRD). Closely manage material breakpoints, due to engineering design changes, in order to reduce the cost of obsolesce.
• Report on time delivery status for each program using established operations metrics process and identify issue resolution responsibility.
• Not only use tools / processes that are currently established, but establish / implement innovative material management practices that reduce total supply chain costs, optimize inventory, reduce lead times and maximize customer service levels.
• Communicate with the central materials area coordinator on inbound material details, significant engineering design changes, and cycle count accuracy , in order to assure smooth kitting and build operations.
• Broad supply chain knowledge, with strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
• Operates as a team player, likes to have fun at work, and has a positive attitude.
• The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across a cross-matrix organization.
• High level of interpersonal skills to work independently.
• Ability to act in ambiguous situations and isn't afraid to take a risk in order to move forward.
• A successful candidate must have strong computer skills, including MS Excel and MS Word, be detail-oriented, have excellent critical thinking skills and be able to respond to issues in a timely manner while working in a fast-paced environment.
• The ideal candidate will have a degree in business, engineering, or supply chain.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities • Plans and schedules production or procurement considering mix, manpower, machine capabilities, material availability and customer requirements • Makes decisions and/or recommendations having substantial impact on plant operation and performance • Provides follow-up assistance in assuring maximum schedule performance • Regular contact with others outside the work group • Monitors and controls inventory reports • Coordinates implementation of engineering changes • Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment in supporting SPQRC initiatives • Must be willing to work any assigned shift, work daily, weekend, and holiday overtime as required • Must support plant in achieving Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness and Cost goals • Supports/implements the QS9000/ISO14001/ (GMS) Global Manufacturing System compliance processes Required Skills/Experience • Minimum of 5 years of experience • Demonstrated high level of ability in the areas listed below • Knowledge of material department operation, manufacturing processes and departmental relationships • Planning and organizational abilities • Analytical ability where problems are somewhat complex • Oral and written communication skills • High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others Required Education/Training/Certifications/Licenses • High School Diploma or GED Required Conditions: Suppliers agree that all candidates submitted / matched to this assignment will successfully complete the required Drug Testing and Background Checks prior to the supplier confirming the acceptance of the assignment.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers