Quality Engineer (Warren)
compensation: Negotiable + Benefits
Mahindra provides four ACA compliant healthcare options and offers benefits which are effective day 1 of employment.
Location: Warren, MI, 1st shift, M-F, 12 + months
Must have solid vehicle electrical systems understanding, ability to read electrical schematics and technical specifications and the ability to use basic hand tools (there could be some on vehicle investigation).
- The candidate will become the issue owner of components that fall within: electrical/HVAC controls, chassis electronics, and infotainment desplays, gages, and entertainment systems.
They will be the Global Launch QRD (Quality, Reliability and Durability) engineer. They will be responsible for working with all regions, understanding launch cadence of products and fascinate the read across of issues and solutions as vehicles launch around the globe.
There are a few important attributes the potential candidate should possess.
• Skilled in MS Excel
• Organizational skills
• Oral and written communication
• Works well with others
• Pro-active communication (cold call, stop by desk etc.)
• Knows when to escalate issues
• Automotive electrical systems knowledge
This is a position which requires the candidate to work with people around the globe. They will ensure actions items are followed through to closure.
*I need someone with excellent communication skills and finds it easy to communicate with someone they may have never met.*
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and answer request for inspection orders (RFI) responses from PDC's and processing centers
• Create Field Wires in responses to RFI's
• Contact Suppliers on issues relating to nonconforming material
• Provide input for Problem Report Resolution (PRR) for supplier issues
• Apply order writing control on suspect stock
• Interface with SPO and Product Engineering to resolve part issues
• Participate in damage reduction initiatives
• Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint -- Intermediate level
• Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool -- Intermediate level
• Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
• Good written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
• Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
• Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
• Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
• Ability to drive quality initiatives with plant management opposition
• Strong automotive knowledge
• Position related experience -- 5 years
• Relevant auto industry experience required -- 3-5 years
• Past work experience required - Entry level (1 year)
• Areas of expertise include: Project Management, Quality Assurance
• High School Diploma or GED
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Suppliers agree that all candidates submitted / matched to this assignment will successfully complete the required Drug Testing and Background Checks prior to the supplier confirming the acceptance of the assignment.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers