Supplier Quality Engineer (Livonia, MI)
February 24, 2014 -- March 24, 2014
Supplier Quality Engineer
ROUSH CleanTech is the latest company within the ROUSH family that focuses exclusively on alternative fuels and the promotion of clean transportation alternatives. Bringing 35 years of automotive expertise to the alternative fuels marketplace, our focus is on developing the most innovative and reliable alternative fuel solutions for light- and medium-duty vehicles.
By designing, engineering, manufacturing, and assembling quality alternative fuel systems for light- and medium-duty trucks and vans, ROUSH CleanTech offers a seamless operational experience while lowering a vehicle's environmental impact and a fleet's operating costs.
Driven by quality and ready to lead. . .
ROUSH CleanTech, our rapidly expanding alternative-fuel-powered vehicle products division, has an immediate opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer who is ready to take ownership of new programs / projects from pre-production into launch phase. Ideal candidate will possess a strong operational quality background, coupled with process experience in a mass production manufacturing environment, preferably dealing with complex assemblies. Exceptional team skills are a must as you will partner with all cross-functional disciplines. Position is based in Livonia, Michigan with travel requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical area or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years' related quality and process experience in a mass production manufacturing environment (i.e. OEM automotive, transportation or commercial products.)
• Experience in APQP process (P/Dfmea, Control Plan, SPC, Flow Diagrams, Problem Solving techniques, Work Instructions, GR&R & MSA) and preparation of PPAP documentation including submission to customer
• Working knowledge of Quality Management System ISO/TS16949
• Supplier assessment, development/ continuous improvement, Supplier Launch Plan and PPAP process development.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal due to direct interaction with customers and suppliers
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to interact professionally on a technical level with all
company functional groups, suppliers, and customers
• Must have a can-do attitude and the drive to succeed
• Must be self disciplined and team oriented
• Must be able to travel (30%)
Keyword search: green tech, green technology, quality engineer, alternative fuel, pre-production, production, launch, assemblies, salesforce.com, product development, propane
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers