Optical / Opto-Mechanical Engineer
IMRA America, Inc. is a world leading company for research, development, manufacturing, and application of ultrafast fiber lasers for industrial applications. Because of continued growth we are looking for an experienced Optical/Opto-Mechanical Engineer to join our world-class research and engineering team at our state-of-the-art facility headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Career Growth– IMRA America has very close cooperation with leading research groups in universities, government institutions, and companies in the US and all over the world. You will be working side by side with world-class engineers, researchers and industry experts on cutting edge ultrafast laser projects and applications. This is an opportunity where you will be working in an environment that will keep you and your skills at the “top of your game.”
- Stability – You benefit from being part of a respected and well established company. IMRA America’s products are distributed worldwide through their own sales force in the US and Japan and with an international network of sales representatives. In the last 10 years, IMRA America has developed an intellectual property portfolio of more than 160 national and international patents.
- Great Location - Ann Arbor regularly receives national attention as one of the best places to live in the United States and is a hub for excellence in education with five colleges and universities. Plus endless opportunities for recreation are available in Ann Arbor, which operates 157 parks with trails, golf, canoe liveries, tennis courts, athletic fields and more.
- Design and develop fiber and free-space optics for ultra-short pulse lasers, amplifiers and related products
- Responsible for opto-mechanical component design
- Responsible for opto-mechanical package design
- Provides basic optics design
- Leads opto-mechanical design review activities
- Leads transferring of opto-mechanical design to manufacturing
- Responsible for engineering specs for all optics part used in product
- Develops production processes
- MS or PhD degree in engineering or science discipline
- Expert knowledge in opto-mechanics package design
- Proficient knowledge in process engineering
- Experienced knowledge in optics design
- Hands-on capability in optics and opto-mechanical component test is a must
- 5+ year of industrial optics, opto-mechanics and process engineering experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
IMRA employees are covered by a comprehensive and industry competitive compensation and benefits program. Relocation expenses are available for the right candidate. Now is the time to explore new horizons and maximize your potential with IMRA America. We seek the world’s best and brightest and are therefore an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Visit the link below to apply:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For Companies - Workrocket.com offers a value added service that meets the needs of filling positions that are important to your organization, yet are not at a level that the use of a search firm is needed or justified. Workrocket.com offers you a unique selection of services that range from a simple posting to cost effective value added services such as direct email campaigns to targeted candidates, name and resume sourcing, and pre-screening/pre-qualifying of candidates. All of our services are designed with you in mind.
For Job Seekers - Workrocket.com provides a fast and effective way to connect with great jobs. We work with a wide range of companies that offer excellent career opportunities. The industries we serve range from heavy construction equipment, HVAC, and manufacturing to medical and surgical equipment, accounting, finance and insurance just to name a few. Connecting Job seekers with great jobs is what we do.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers