DRE - Infotainment (Warren, MI)
compensation: Negotiable + Benefits
*Note: Mahindra offers competitive benefits which are effective day 1 of employment.
Location: Warren, MI
Shift: 1st, M-F
Duration: 12+ months
Responsibility for design release and ongoing execution of infotainment related faceplate control assemblies and integrated displays. This role will release Displays, Integrated Center Stack Display modules as well as LIN based PRNDM transmission display modules.
ICS Responsibilities: Preferred experience of 5 yrs. engineering responsibilities but will consider new engineer with other strong qualifications. Successful delivery of a fully-functional validated ICS faceplate to a saleable vehicle.
General (similar to most lead engineer roles but with styled component added):
- Can manage multiple vehicle programs/suppliers simultaneously.
- Good communicator with program teams, studio and other management teams.
- DE skills (UG training) a plus, but not required.
- Experienced in working with design studio and interior.
- Organize supplier peer reviews and participate in other ICS peer reviews.
- Run/manage ICS Faceplate PDT.
- Lead tooling kickoff activities for IVER.
- Manage day-to-day supplier resident activities.
Support Sourcing Activities:
- Work with purchasing, studio and engineering to develop requirements, allowable cost, etc.
- Participate in technical reviews.
- Lead supplier and studio activities for surface development.
- Work with supplier to develop design criteria
- Work with appearance studio and materials engineering to identify solutions for achieving finish, color, gloss, etc. of materials.
- Participate in cockpit meetings and work with interior, HVAC, electrical and other groups to define and refine ICS package and interfaces.
- Address and resolve all safety and compliance issues (i.e., FMVSS, head impact, etc.) based on analysis and physical evaluations.
- Resolve Glare, Reflection, Obscuration and Washout issues that can be corrected with ICS modifications and/or orientation in cockpit.
- Work with HVI and studio to address issues with reach zones, button sizing, graphics, etc.
- Resolve fit/finish and any other build issues in manufacturing plant.
- Support root cause for any and all ICS-related CTF issues.
- Support validation lead to achieve validation complete on time at IVER and VTC.
- Support root cause investigation for any component validation test issues.
- Lead root cause investigation for vehicle development issues.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates the design analysis and process
• Releases advance product components and/or line of products
• Diagnoses and corrects deficiencies
• Maintains cost controls
• Provides technical direction to support personnel
• Coordinates supportive build programs
• Coordinates test and/or development programs
• Coordinates engineering projects with other departments and/or divisions
• Coordinates with suppliers and/or customers on a regular basis
• Stays abreast of new technology
• Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint -- Intermediate level
• Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool -- Intermediate level
• Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
• Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
• Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
• Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
• Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
• Strong ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
• Strong understanding of materials, engineering theory and principles of design
• Familiarity with basic hand and machine tools
• Strong ability to use common measurement tools and techniques
• Position related experience - 8 years
• Areas of expertise include: Testing, Design, Analysis
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
Candidates must successfully complete the required Drug Testing and Background Checks prior to employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers