Mechanical Designer (Indianapolis)
Do you enjoy thinking and designing outside of the box?
Do you feel your creativity would be an asset to a company that encourages variety and diversity of ideas?
Fanning/Howey Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a progressive-minded and energetic mechanical designer with a thorough understanding of HVAC design for a permanent opportunity with an industry-leading A/E firm. The applicable candidate for this position will be responsible for the planning, preparation and presentation providing project deliverable drawings and base files. This candidate will develop and apply design software, methods and theories in the investigation and solution of technical problems.
•Produce AutoCAD and/or Revit models of HVAC systems for buildings & facilities projects including building HVAC systems, single-line and riser diagrams, schedules, sections and details.
•Produce AutoCAD drawings of HVAC systems
•Do project take-offs, assist in development of construction cost estimates.
•Coordinate work with other disciplines including architecture, electrical, plumbing/fire protection, structural, and civil.
•Check engineering drawings and vendor documents.
•Participate in site field verification and develop as-built documentation and as-built drawings
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
• 3 years of HVAC design experience
• 1 year of Revit experience
• PE or on track to obtain PE preferred, but not mandatory.
• Experience with K-12 Educational or Higher Educational facilities preferred.
• Experience with building load calculation, energy modeling, system selection and design, specifications, and construction administration is desirable.
• Experience with variable air volume, variable refrigerant flow, geothermal, chilled beam, and energy recovery systems preferred.
• AutoCAD and Revit experience, along with Trane Trace, Microsoft Office, eQUEST, and various equipment selection software is highly desirable.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers