Cost Reduction Engineer (Warren, MI)
Kforce Technology Staffing - with our Detroit office located in Southfield, MI.
Title: Cost Reduction Engineer
Renewable Contract Length: 12 months
Cost reduction engineers analyze existing products to find incremental opportunities to optimize designs for cost efficiency. Cost improvements can include changes to product designs, manufacturing processes, logistics, or content. Cost reduction engineers work closely with colleagues in both the engineering release organization and the manufacturing function to insure that any changes are feasible, safe, and consistent with customer expectations.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the GM program development process
- Familiarity and comfort in working with program teams
- Familiarity with the functioning of the Interior SMT organization
- Knowledge of Interior components
- Ability to write and process EWOs in the release system
- Familiarity with product validation process and GM component requirements
- Working knowledge of component materials and GM specifications
- Experience with GM suppliers and GM Supplier Quality group
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Submit your resume to Kforce Professional Staffing
. If qualified for the position, someone will reach out to you via the contact information in your resume.
**This opportunity is subject to background check and drug screen if selected.**
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers