(S0214d) Electrical Engineering Intern (Saline)
To apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8299471
Performs work that is routine and that involves the development, problem resolution, design and manufacturing methods of products. Work involves the application of pneumatic, electric, electronic, hydraulic or mechanical factors. Works under direct supervision and within guidelines and previously established practices and procedures. Performs engineering duties in developing products that are innovative to NAS customers, may specialize in mechanical or electrical engineering
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Basic knowledge of engineering theory and principles.
2. Coordinates development and design problems with research engineering, tooling and manufacturing.
3. Knowledge of analytical tools: FEA, DOE, stress/strain analysis, etc.
4. Work closely with Applications Engineers, Production Control, Production Personnel and Prototype Machinists.
5. Follows all safety guidelines including utilization of proper PPE.
6. Demonstrates positive relations and teamwork as established in the IMI Way and Leadership Blueprint within the organization.
7. Keeps work area clean and organized to insure safety and environmental compliance.
8. Ability to learn the MRP system to create parts and bills of materials.
9. Communicates and behaves in a professional manner that supports the mission, vision, and policies of the organization.
10. Monitors work area to insure safety, housekeeping, and environmental compliance regulations are understood & adhered to.
11. Participates in all APQP4 phase with Quality Assurance and Manufacturing to deliver a quality part.
12. Works closely with more senior engineers in the understanding and achievement of Department & Company goals.
13. Ability to use CAD software to create models and detailed drawings for various components.
14. Ability to participate in all phases of the APQP process.
15. Conduct testing on products at different phases in the development. This will include setup and report writing.
High School Diploma required. Currently enrolled in Bachelors Degree program in Engineering (BSME, preferred)
Basic knowledge of:
Mechanics of materials
Finite element analysis
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office
Certificates and Licenses
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
CODE OF ETHICS
Norgren requires the highest standard of ethics in all business dealings, in particular with customers, suppliers, advisors, employees and the authorities. The job-holder shall actively ensure that his/her own activities and those of all employees within the Business Unit meet this obligation. Norgren's critical standards and procedures related to expected conduct are detailed on our code of responsible business called The IMI Way. The job holder is expected to be familiar with these policies and ensure that they are implemented in all areas of control. The code can be obtained online at http://www.imiplc.com/responsibility/codeofbusiness.asp.
WORK PLACE SAFETY
The incumbent is responsible for the Health, Safety, and Welfare of themselves, the environment and other people. The incumbent must comply with all relevant HS&E training and instructions, help to maintain a 'safe' & 'clean' working environment, and use & keep clean any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided by the company.
The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, and near misses to supervisor or manager and must bring any dangerous/potentially dangerous situations/practices to the attention of supervisor/manager and affected others.
Norgren, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers