Quality Engineer - Global Launch QRD (Warren, MI)
compensation: Negotiable + Benefits
*Note: Mahindra provides four ACA compliant healthcare options and offers benefits which are effective day 1 of employment.
Estimated Duration: 12+ months
Shift: 1st, M-F
The Global Launch QRD (Quality, Reliability and Durability) engineer will be responsible for working with all regions, understanding launch cadence of products and fascinate the read across of issues and solutions as vehicles launch around the globe. For the remainder of this year, this position will focus on the launch of our new Full Size Trucks (currently launching Pickups, Utilities will begin to ramp up). This is a position which requires the candidate to work with people around the globe. They will ensure actions items are followed through to closure. Candidate will become the issue owner of components that fall within: Electrical/HVAC controls, Chassis Electronics, and Infotainment displays, gages, and entertainment systems. This position will use excel heavily, this person must have very good organizational skills, must be able to work with people and escalate issues in a timely and professional manner (this job has global elements).
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and answer request for inspection orders (RFI) responses from PDC's and processing centers
• Create Field Wires in responses to RFI's
• Contact Suppliers on issues relating to nonconforming material
• Provide input for Problem Report Resolution (PRR) for supplier issues
• Apply order writing control on suspect stock
• Interface with SPO and Product Engineering to resolve part issues
• Participate in damage reduction initiatives
Required Skills and Experience:
• Skilled in MS Excel
• Organizational skills
• Oral and written communication
• Must have excellent communication skills and finds it easy to communicate with someone they may have never met
• Works well with others
• Pro-active communication (cold call, stop by desk etc.)
• Knows when to escalate issues
• Automotive electrical systems knowledge
Must have solid vehicle electrical systems understanding, ability to read electrical schematics and technical specifications and the ability to use basic hand tools (there could be some on vehicle investigation).
• Knowledge in MS Word and PowerPoint -- Intermediate level
• Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool -- Intermediate level
• Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
• Good written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
• Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
• Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
• Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
• Ability to drive quality initiatives with plant management opposition
• Strong automotive knowledge
• Position related experience -- 5 years
• Relevant auto industry experience required -- 3>5 years
• Areas of expertise include: Project Management, Quality Assurance
• High School Diploma or GED
• Bachelors degree in Engineering
Candidates must successfully complete the required pre-employment Drug Testing and Background Checks.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers