Quality Engineer (Brighton, Mi)
compensation: 40K + based on experience, 401K and benefits
• Assist in the APQP process for new part development
• Production Process Floor audits
• Work Instructions for controlling the operating elements of the Quality System
• Document and data control, including Master List of Controlled Documents
• Final Dock Audit for packaging, labeling, etc. as per work instructions.
• Control of Inspection, Measuring, and Test Equipment
• Corrective and Preventative Action from non conformances, Quality System deficiencies, customer complaints, and returned products.
• Continuous Improvement, identify possible actions for improvements and ensuring their implementation
• Jointly Responsible with Purchasing for subcontractor performance evaluation
• Subcontractor Quality System approval
• Provide in house support to customers when quality issues arise
• Verification of Job Setups
• Update MSDS Booklet
• Microsoft Office, Excell, Word, etc...
• Continuous Quality Improvement
• Good time management
• Process Capabilities Studies/ Statistical process control (SPC)
• Measurement System Analysis/ Gage Calibration
• PPAP including Control Plan, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Process Flow
Would be a plus:
• Geometric Dimensioning/Tolerance
• Problem Solving/8D
• Working knowledge of MQ1
• Manufacturing Feasibility
• Mistake Proofing
• Value analysis/engineering
• Cost of quality analysis
• Parts per million analysis
• Faro arm/CMM experience
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers