Energy Engineer (Ann Arbor)
compensation: Excellent Pay and Benefits - $75,000 to $90,000 Per Year
Detroit, Michigan 48226
Title: ENERGY CONSERVATION ENGINEER, experienced in energy audits and energy conservation for industrial and manufacturing facilities.
PES Group, Inc., a consulting firm specialized in Energy Conservation and Energy Management, is seeking individuals who are looking for totally new development and growth opportunities that will allow him/her to solve exciting technological challenges while honing his/her entrepreneurial skill.
The individual should have the following qualifications and background:
• Must have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or degree in Engineering Technologies or Facility Engineer
o Possess analytical skills to assess problems and situations, develop recommendations and implement solutions, including economic justifications.
o Must possess interpersonal skills to facilitate effective interactions with team member's internal and external customers, and vendors/suppliers/contractors.
• Must have (3) Years experience in conducting energy and/or power studies, managing projects, and/or directing and inspecting the work implementation teams.
• Must possess strong verbal written communication skills to present ideas, findings and recommendations in a logical clear manner and negotiate and persuade effectively.
• Must be a self-leader and work without constant direction.
Energy Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities for an Energy Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
• Launch and sustain an energy awareness campaign whose primary objective is to raise energy awareness in the plant in order to facilitate a change in the plant culture relative to energy.
• Prepare and maintain baseline information on key energy parameters (i.e. Compressed Air, Lighting, Building Envelope, HVAC, etc) relative to applicable significant energy consuming activities within the plant
• Develop and maintain a plant energy team consisting of appropriate personnel within the plant
• Perform detailed Utility bill analyses of the customer's energy usages or plant processes and develop recommendations for more efficient operation of equipment (peak shaving, load shedding etc).
• Monitor, review, and as applicable, recommend and assist the client in participation of Federal, State, and local and utility energy conservation initiatives, programs and rebates.
• Seek out opportunities to improve customer satisfaction through recommendation and implementation of energy efficient alternatives
• Conduct periodic energy audits to determine the energy cost savings opportunities and report progress work with plant personnel as required maximizing non-capital opportunities (i.e. compressed air leak surveys, turn-it-off programs, programming adjustments, operating procedures, etc. . .)
• Develop and maintain a current energy savings project and opportunities list to assist with forecasting the utility budget for the plant
• Review all proposals concerning new machines, equipment, and processes that consume energy
• Develop business cases and assist in writing capital and/or resource appropriations requests
• Assist the client and plant engineering on executing scheduling and prioritizing energy savings projects
EXCELLENT PAY AND BENEFITS
Please respond to advertisement or fax resume to 313-964-1895
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers