Engineer -- CAE Crashworthiness (Warren)
compensation: Negotiable + Benefits
*Note: Mahindra provides four ACA compliant healthcare options and offers benefits which are effective day 1 of employment.
Shift: 1st, M-F
* Candidate MUST have LS-Dyna and full vehicle safety experience.
Responsible for the creation and documentation of modeling plans to engineering team and initiation of new processes and tools. Work involves high amount of creativity and strong oral and written communication skills. Exercises high amount of independent judgment with little guidance from supervisor.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the creation of full vehicle Finite Element Analysis (FEA) models for
safety/crash structures, noise and vibration, Heating Ventilating Air Conditioning
(HVAC), exterior aerodynamics, and internal thermal
• Present developed math plan and give input related to math plan to performance
integration teams, vehicle and program reviews
• Coordinate cross-functionally for input related to plan development
• Develop filtered parts list for global customers
• Work to develop details of plan with customer depending on their discipline
• Assess and document modeling processes
• Develop standard modeling procedures to enhance model build quality and timing
• Assist others with the development of modeling strategies and any additional
enhancements to the software
• Coordinate and initiate enhancements to the modeling process and development of
• Use CAE to lead the vehicle design. Support Crashworthiness development of advanced vehicle structure concepts for Architectural studies and Vehicle Programs in Advanced Vehicle Development Center.
• Conduct analytical structural crashworthiness simulations using LS-DYNA software to evaluate full vehicle crashworthiness performance for high speed Frontal, Side, Rear impacts and low speed front and rear simulations, etc.
• Generate technical/design solutions that meet vehicle crashworthiness performance targets outlined in the Vehicle Technical Specifications (VTS) in a timely manner, using analytical simulation and crash test results.
• Develop and validate crashworthiness performance of vehicle structure, vehicle interior, occupant restraints, fuel system, etc., to meet VTS requirements.
• Utilize customer safety standard work procedures for all simulations and assure high quality CAE models.
• Work with engineering functions, program teams, suppliers, manufacturing and others to implement design changes as required to achieve vehicle performance.
• Work with people around the world (Korea, China, Europe, Australia, South America, Canada, and Mexico) in global and collaborative environment.
• Communicate information to and from internal and external customer organizations.
• Knowledge of HYPERMESH, SOFY, ANSA, DYNA, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, and
Unigraphics (UG) -- Intermediate level
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint -- Intermediate level
• Knowledge of Lotus Notes or other email communication tool -- Intermediate level
• Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computer Aided Engineering
(CAE) software -- Intermediate level
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact cross-culturally and cross functionally
• Strong teamwork skills necessary for cooperation and collaboration with coworkers
• Strong oral and written communication skills needed for presentation, reports and
garnering resources for project
• Strong leadership skills needed to mentor and supervise work of modelers
• Ability to develop model plans related to specific customer and deliver deadlines -- up to 4 years experience
• Ability to use basic root cause analysis to solve customer issues -- up to 4 years experience
• Knowledge Finite Modeling Analysis modeling -- up to 4 years experience
• Knowledge of vehicle development timing process related to model builds -- up to 4 years experience
• Ability to navigate Unigraphics (UG) to identify model content -- up to 4 years experience
• Position related experience in vehicle engineering discipline -- up to 4 years experience
• Position specific experience in Computer Aided Engineering analysis -- up to 4 years
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical, and Civil Engineering
Candidates must successfully complete the required Drug Testing and Background Checks prior to employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers