Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Wanted: Experienced Bookkeeper looking for a bigger game (Ypsilanti)
We are a fast growing, industry-leading online retail and wholesale company based in Ypsilanti. We are seeking a full time bookkeeper/admin assistant to take on many key functions within this fast paced business. You will have a keen understanding of accounting and business strategies used in the retail industry and be able to make imperative accounting decisions as it pertains to the operations of the business.
This is a long-term position. This position provides a great opportunity in a company that is growing fast and reaching a world wide market. You will work directly with the owner, warehouse employees, customers, vendors and an outside CPA. Compensation will be determined based on experience.
• Degree/certification in accounting, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years experience in bookkeeping/accounting and clerical work
• Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills
• Experience with Quickbooks is required
• Advanced Excel skills are required
• Previous warehouse experience is a plus but not required
• Performs a variety of bookkeeping tasks using Quickbooks and Excel, e.g.,
• Create necessary general journal entries or adjusting entries to balance account transactions
• Import daily credit card transactions ensuring that they are properly matched to customer sales or vendor bills
• Take orders over the phone or in store and create/process customer invoices for sales
• Collect accounts receivables for outstanding customer accounts
• Maintain and reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements on a monthly basis
• Generate routine reports within Quickbooks for decision making purposes
• Determine the amount of sales and use tax based on data within QB and make timely tax payments
• Receive in inventory items into QB, enter vendor bills and make scheduled payments for accounts payable
• Generate purchase orders and follow up on pending purchases with vendors
• Manage a large inventory by adjusting quantities, creating or editing items
• Investigate discrepancies in account balances and propose necessary solutions
• Possess knowledge of foreign exchange transactions, including Canada GST/HST and Duty tax
Apply Now--We're looking forward to reading your resume!
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers